What is a cordyceps?
It’s a fungus that grows in Himalayas. It has extremely high concentrations of nutrients and specific bioactive components. According to Tibetan healers, cordyceps cures everything from headaches to infertility and erectile dysfunction.
It’s known for its incredible ability to increase potency.
The Magic Mushroom Comes to Your Rescue
The legend goes that it was goat herders, who discovered cordyceps first, when they noticed that their goats were eating the cordyceps as they grew and becoming more virile, stronger, and generally healthier.
It came to the spotlight, when it was used by the Chinese women’s Olympic long-distance running team. In early 1990s, they broke all the records.
Everyone accused them of using steroids. But, long story short, the coach of the team told the truth that they were actually consuming cordyceps. Since that time, it has become popular all over the world.
- The mushroom includes more than 80 types of enzymes, 77 macro and micro elements, as well as unsaturated fatty acids, and almost all of the types of essential amino acids.
- Unique ingredients of cordyceps influence the hypothalamus, pituitary gland, stimulating secretion of hormones, and regulating biochemical processes in the body.
- In addition, it shows direct and potent antioxidant activities. The mushroom contains coenzyme Q10, which is the powerful antioxidant. So, it has a therapeutic effect in various diseases, such as heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, and brain issues.
- Cordyceps has a beneficial effect on the nervous, endocrine, respiratory, and sexual system.
- It also possesses antiarrhythmic and hypotensive activity, lowers cholesterol, improves microcirculation, and prevents thrombosis.
- The total healing effect of the fungus prevents aging.
When scientists started making their research, they found that it potentially does have tons of bioactive agents and antioxidants. That’s why it is really good for your general health.
Studies on Cordyceps Effects on Sexual Function in Men
There is strong scientific evidence that Cordyceps has a significant influence on male sexual function. Let’s figure out how.
Thus, one study conducted in male rats has proven that this fungus when included in rats’ daily diet for 6 weeks can substantially boost male fertility.
In particular, daily Cordyceps supplementation results in the improvement of sperm quantity and quality in male rats comparing to the control group. In addition to the sperm production enhancement, the supplement also leads to the increase in serum testosterone levels and sperm motility.1
It means that men can use Cordyceps supplements to improve both sexual and reproductive health.
Another study that involved male mice has also shown that Cordyceps can stimulate natural testosterone production.
Significant improvement in T levels in male mice demonstrates a great potential of Cordyceps for testosterone deficiency treatment in men. That’s why this fungus can be an excellent alternative cure for men with low T levels.2
Furthermore, the study in rats has demonstrated vasohypotonic effects of Cordyceps. The matter is that it has an ability to lower high blood pressure and widen blood vessels.
Also, it enhances the nitric oxide release.4
These properties of the fungus are extremely important for impotence treatment. That’s why it’s possible to use Cordyceps as the main active ingredient in natural ED pills or as a part of multicomponent formula.
Can Cordyceps Sinensis Cure Erectile Dysfunction?
As you know, modern pharmaceutical companies produce ED drugs that are considered to stimulate sexual activity. They are usually expected to be “a unique cocktail” of all known aphrodisiacs, but in fact, they give the desired, but very short-term effect. It must be taken into account that most of them are addictive.
It has been discovered that cordyceps is able to increase sex drive. It’s worth noting that unlike ED pills, this type of fungus doesn’t have a depressive effect on the male body, and is not addictive. At the same time, it’s really effective.
- Natural cordyceps sinensis extract improves brain function, specifically in the areas responsible for sexual desire, activating the processes of the reproductive system.
- It increases libido, and affects the duration of sexual intercourse.
- The cordyceps extract affects the sex glands, stimulating their secretion. This is a natural way to balance your hormones, giving the opportunity to feel younger.
- It raises testosterone, which is the primary male sex hormone, and lowers cortisol. The testosterone-cortisol ratio in your blood is one of the most important indicators of male health.
And cordyceps can raise your testosterone quite effectively, which should explain why in traditional Chinese medicine it is used to raise virility in men.
One study showed that 64% of volunteers, taking cordyceps, had bigger and better erections. Besides, numerous scientific studies, published by contemporary authors in prestigious scientific journals, showed that as a result of taking cordyceps, the level of sperm pathology is reduced by 29%. It also increases the amount of sperm by 33%, enhancing their viability by 79%.
Due to the cordyceps extract, Male Extra male enhancement pills are natural Viagra alternative. Thanks to the carefully optimized dosages and absolutely natural ingredients, it is really powerful and safe.
1. Chang Y, Jeng KC, Huang KF, Lee YC, Hou CW. Effect of Cordyceps militaris supplementation on sperm production, sperm motility and hormones in Sprague-Dawley rats. 2008;36:849-59. PMID: 19051352
2. Hsu CC, Huang YL, Tsai SJ, Huang BM. In vivo and in vitro stimulatory effects of Cordyceps sinensis on testosterone production in mouse Leydig cells. 2003;73:2127-36.PMID: 12899935
3. Drewes SE, George J, Khan F. Recent findings on natural products with erectile-dysfunction activity. 2003;62:1019-25. PMID: 12591255
4. Chiou WF, Chang PC, Chou CJ, Chen CF. Protein constituent contributes to the hypotensive and vasorelaxant activities of Cordyceps sinensis. 2000;66:1369-76. PMID: 10755473